Friday, October 31, 2008

What doesn't work

So, I have written a post on what has worked for me, but I am going to get real here. I am not perfect, and I don't lose weight every single week. I struggle, I make bad decisions, have bad days. Hell I have bad weeks. And in this case, I have had a bad couple weeks. I haven't lost any weight for a few weeks now. I know there are quite a few reasons for this. Some are things I am doing and some are things I am not doing. And some are things that really I have nothing to do with. So, to keep it real, and to show you all out there that I am human and not some plastic happy girl who never gets down and thinks that losing weight is all kicks and giggles, I am going to spill all my unhappy, crappy, full of whoa-is-me-I-feel-like-crap guts.

1. I am eating way late at night. I am eating after dinner which I used to not do, but I have been getting hungry later so I have been snacking, and snacking on things that aren't good for me to snack on.

2. working out is my arch enemy. I have an ultimate aversion to it. I really can think of a million other things to do than work out. So I do. I don't work out, which means I sit on my computer or sit and play with Hudson or sit an do something else. Point is I'm not active. PERIOD. I don't think I need to explain myself anymore than that.

3. bowls of candy lying around the house. WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE? I don't care who you are, how strong you are, how dedicated you are or how much of a super hero you are, this is never a good idea. And unfortunately I am staying with my parents for a few months till we move and she is an absolute sugar fiend. There are at least 5 different bowls, trays, candy dispensers around the house for me to just walk by and subconsciously gorge on. There is something seriously wrong here! That is not to mention all the "secret hiding spots" I happen to know about. REALLY? If you want some candy in the house that is great, but make it at least a little hard to access. In my world, if it is there I am going to eat it. SO, it has been there and I have been eating it. NOT GOOD.

4. I have not been eating a good breakfast. Jason has to keep reminding me to eat breakfast. I am horrible with breakfast anyway, but I have been especially bad at it. I also need to eat shortly after I wake up. I just get in the rush of the morning and forget to eat.

5. Carbs at night. It is hard when I am not in control of dinner. My mom cooks dinner and I am not in control of what she makes so that is difficult, but still I am not a victim and I can make choices, but I just choose to eat whatever she puts in front of me. I also eat way more than I should. I get to cut down.

These are all things that I have changed over the past couple weeks for whatever reason. I guess I am a bit stressed. We are in a transition period right now and I just want to get things settled in our new place and get on with our lives, but we have to wait. That is hard for me, so I get stressed and then I end up suffering for it through food. Food has always been my stress reliever (Food relationships I will save for another post). Anyway, I hope this helps some of you.

Lastly, I am committed to working out. I have gone out on a limb and taken a big risk and am posting some very telltale starting pictures of me right now at the beginning of my new workout regimen. Here they are. I want you all to see how I look now compared to how I will look when I am a super ripped, hot mama. Please enjoy, and no laughing. The picture from the back makes my butt look absolutely enormous! BABY GOT BACK!!!!


5 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Seriously, the bowls of candy are just too much. I hid ours, so I don't have them around. Soda is my WORST enemy. If I could just cut that and then throw in some work out... like real work out (i keep saying that chasing the kids is a work out, but obviously, it's not Working)!!! Keep us posted on your work outs and what you are doing that works. Do you still do those stroller workouts?

Carrie Anne said...

oh man do i hear you! abstaining from the treats has only been possible for me b/c i have eliminated them from the house! for a while i didn't even have chocolate chips in the freezer b/c that was too much of a temptation! ugh! while i visited my mom...same exact story for me as what you wrote about...do you ever feel like some of your poor eating habits started when you lived at home & every time you return home you fall right back into it for various reasons? i hate that but that's how it is for me! having no treats in the house has helped my kids, too, so that's been motivating. after reading your sugar post i just decided in my mind that i didn't need the halloween candy & the other crappy stuff...thanks for the motivation!
anyway...good job on working out. i want to work out more than i do but seriously we have children & it's just not possible to spend 4 hours a day working out...let's be realistic!
keep up the good work!!! we all have our bad days/weeks/months...that's why we are here for each other! you have so much courage! way to go!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Sorry. No sympathy here. I would KILL to look like you. lol

Kellie said...

Lovin' the tips! It's SO nice to know that we all have those bad days/weeks!!! I haven't even had babies yet and I can think of a million excuses not to work out! #1 is cause I just plain don't feel like it! :) There is NO way that I could resist the candy sitting around the house. That's a killer right there. You look great already-but I TOTALLY understand that it's nice to see your progress.

Anonymous said...

HI, I was blog hopping and found your fabulous blog! I had my 4th baby in June and have been struggling to lose the FIFTY-TWO pounds I put on with this pregnancy. I have 17 pounds to go. I was reading a weight loss article the other day and it said something like "..an alcoholic wouldn't keep a open bottle of whiskey in the house so why do we keep treats everywhere." Halloween has been hard for me but I threw out all the extra treats today. No more load guns (candy)in the house to shoot myself with!
JO